Bronx Community College is basically a New York( United States) based public college, which was established in the year of 1957. The college has been given its name as the Bronx as it is located in the Bronx Northernmost region of Bronx County.
The college is the official part of the City University system of New York City. It is one of the finest community colleges which receives the enrollment from the wide numbers of the aspirants in the Bronx County.
So, if you are having the ambition of studying into this particular college then we are going to help you with it. In this article, we will provide you with information about the college which will help you to get your admission into this college after reading the entire article.
Bronx Community College Calendar
The calendar of any college helps the students to understand their academics in a good manner as it contains the whole study schedule for a particular year.
Here below we are listing down the calendar of the Bronx Community College which will help all the existing and the forthcoming students of the college.
Spring Session 2019
- January 24- Last date of dropping the college with the 100% tuition refund
- January 25- Beginning of the first spring classes for the year.
- January 31- Last day of dropping the college with 75% tuition refund
- February 7- Last day of dropping the college with 50% refund in tuition fee.
- February 12- Lincoln’s Birthday Closed
- February 14- Last day of dropping the college with 25% tuition fee refund.
- February 15- Courses withdrawal period begins
- February 18-President’s Day Holiday
- February 21-Verification of the enrollments
- February 24- Grades Assigned Day
- March 11-18- Period of examination
- March 22- Deadline for midterm grades submission
- March 25- Registration beginning for the summer and fall classes
- April 1- Last chance of withdrawal from the class
- April 8-Deadline of INC grades completion
- April 19 TO 28- April recess off schedule
- May 15- Final Examination of the term
- May 22- End of the spring term
- May 27- Memorial Day Closed
- June 1- Spring’s session degree conferral day
Summer Session 2019
- March 25- Registration begins for the first three weeks classes.
- June 2- Last day of dropping the class with 100% fee refund
- June 3- First Day of the college
- June 4- Last day of dropping the college with 50% fee refund
- June 6- Last day of dropping the college with 25% fee
- June 14- Last day to withdraw the class with W grade
- June 26- Deadline of the submission of the final grades
- March 25- Registration begins for the first five weeks classes
- June 23- Last day to drop the college with 100% fee refund
- June 24-First day of classes
- June 26- Last day to drop the classes with 50% refund
- June 30- Last day to drop the classes with 25% refund
- July 1- First Day of classes
- July 4- Closed
- July 15- Last day to withdraw from the classes with W grade
- August 1- Last day of class
- August 7- Deadline for final grade submission.
- March 25- Registration begins for the first eight week classes.
- June 2- Last day to drop the classes with 100% fee refund.
- June 3- First day of classes.
- June 8- Last day to drop the college with 50% fee refund.
- June 15- Last day to drop the college with 25% fee refund.
- July 4- College closed.
- July 9-Last day to withdraw the classes with W grade.
- July 25- Final Examination.
- July 31- Deadline for the final grade submission.
- March 25- Registration of the first four week classes.
- July 28-Last day to drop the college with 100% fee refund.
- July 29-First day of classes.
- July 30- Last day to drop the college with 50% refund.
- August 2-Last day to drop the college with 25% refund.
- August 9- Last day to withdraw the classes with W grade.
- August 20-Final Examination Day.
- August 23- Deadline for the grades submission.
Fall Session 2019
- August 26- Last day to drop the college with 100% fee refund.
- August 27- First day of classes.
- September 2- Labour Day closed.
- September 3- Courses withdrawal with grade WD.
- September 9-Last day to drop the college with 50% refund.
- September 16- Last day to drop the college with 25% refund.
- September 17- Course withdrawal deadline with the grade of W.
- September 30 TO October 1- No classes scheduled.
- October 8 TO 9- No classes scheduled.
- October 14- Columbus Day.
- November 5- Last day to withdraw the classes with grade W.
- November 28- College closed.
Courses in Offering by the Bronx Community College
In this section of the article, we are going to list down the names of the courses that you will be able to study from this college.
We urge all the aspirants to take the look of it and then go for the one which suits them.
- Automotive Technology
- Computer Science
- Health Care Management
- Human Services
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice etc
These are the major domain of studies under which you can choose the courses to study in the Bronx Community College. We urge you to visit the official website of the college in order to have more information about the courses.
Fee Structure of the Bronx Community College
It is important for all the aspirants who want to study in this college to make themselves aware of the fee structure of the college.
This is why here below in this article we are going to provide you the complete fee structure of the college for your analysis.
- Total/Overall Fee Structure for the In-State Residents
- Tuition Fee-$4800 Per Year
- Cost of Living- $13718
- Other Expenses- $5430
- Cost of Books&Supplies- $1364
- Total Approximate Fee- $25718
Kindly note that the above-mentioned fee structure of the Bronx Community College is applicable only for the students who come to study in the college from the same state.
The students who come from the other states may have to pay the additional fee in the comparison of the above-mentioned fee.
Faculty Members of Bronx Community College
We have already discussed that the college offers a huge range of the courses to the aspirants so that the students can choose the one among them for themselves. It’s not just about the plenty of the courses rather the college provides the students with the highly experienced faculty, which imparts the students with the world class standard of education.
As we know that the Bronx Community College receives the overseas enrollment from more than hundreds of the countries thus the base of the faculty of the college has been appointed accordingly. There you can find the separate faculty base for almost all kinds of the courses for your convenience and the ease.
There are some of the highly notable alumni as well in the college which are highly cooperative to the students. The online faculty has also been made available at the college for the students who want to study their courses by the distance learning mode.
Jobs Opportunities at Bronx Community College
If you are concerned about your future prospects after studying from the Bronx Community College then you shouldn’t be since the college is highly renowned at that aspect. The college conducts the campus placement programs for all those students who have completed their degree in education from the college.
You can participate in the campus placement program and if all goes well then you may be hired by one of the best multinational companies in the world. You can also apply for the jobs at many other places after finishing your education from the college to find the best opportunities for yourself.
How To Apply For Job at the Bronx Community College
Well, if you want to work with the Bronx Community College when the college opens its doors for yourself. You will be required to pass the specific admission eligibility criteria in order to make sure your hiring by the college.
The admission eligibility criteria of the college is actually depending upon the job profile and the open vacancy. We urge you to visit the official website of the college in order to have the more information about the current opening at the college and there you will be informed about the admission eligibility criteria as well so that you can make your application promptly.
Pay Scale at the Bronx Community College
If you are wondering as to what is going to be your pay scale, if you opt to work at the Bronx Community College then in this section we will make it clear for you.
We are going to list down the pay scale of the college for the various kinds of job profiles.
- Operations Manager- $95000
- Administrative Assistant-$32800
- Branch Banking Manager- $80000
- Accounting Specialist-$53000
- Human Resource Manager-$50000
- Supply Chain Manager- $50000
This is per year an approximate salary figure of the Bronx Community College for the above-mentioned posts which you can consider for yourself.
Hostel & Transportation Facilities of the Bronx Community College
In the fee structure above of the Bronx Community College, the cost of living had comprised the huge part of the fee structure of the college, thus it is clear that the college offers the hostel facilities. The hostel facility is available and open for both the in state and the interstate students and is optional on the part of the students.
If you are someone who comes from the far places of the college then it would be wise for you to opt for the hostel facilities. You can get all other basic facilities associated with the hostel facilities which will make your studying experience quite convenient.
Moreover, the transportation facility is also available at the college for all the students who don’t have their own conveyance and have to commute on a daily basis. The transportation facility is available at the reasonable prices and can drop you anywhere in the specified route
Below is the contact information of the college where you can reach them for any kind of assistance.